If you’re a job seeker who’s avoided doing contract work, it’s time to rethink that decision.
The benefits of partnering with a recruitment agency on your job search are vast.
Here are seven reasons to consider temporary or temp-to-hire positions:
- Bridge the gap. Temp jobs look better on your resume than no job. Temporary work allows you to fill (prevent) employment gaps on your resume while you search for a full-time opportunity.
- Temporary doesn’t always mean short. Not all temporary assignments are one day gigs. Some assignments last two months, three months, six months, or longer!
- Temporary can lead to permanent. An impressive work ethic, a team player mentality and a positive attitude can go a long way. They can result in repeat employment – temp jobs have also resulted in full-time placements! Temp-to-hire jobs are essentially working interviews that result in full-time conversions!
- Develop your skill set. Enhancing your skills not only keeps you sharp, it’s a great way to remain relevant in the workplace. Use a temporary assignment as an opportunity to add skills to your professional tool belt. It’s a fantastic way to gain experience in an area pertinent to your career path as well.
- Sample different industries. Looking for something new? Not sure what’s next? Temporary assignments allow you to “test-drive” different jobs in different industries. Staffing firms are well-connected to several different companies. It’s a great way to uncover what’s right, and not right, for you!
- Make new contacts. “Who you know” definitely makes a difference in a job search. Working temporary jobs allows you to both build your professional network and gain new professional references.
- Restore your confidence. Being terminated or laid off can be unexpected, upsetting. It can shake your confidence. Doing temporary work can revitalize you and provide a daily sense of purpose.
Staffing firms match millions of people to jobs every day. They are an invaluable resource to job seekers – and not just industrial workers. Many agencies specialize in placing high-level executive professionals.
Communicate honestly with your recruiter regarding your professional goals and expectations, where you’re flexible and where you’re not. It will go a long way in helping you find fruitful employment.
A staffing agency wants to help you. While many recruiters do have a genuine interest in helping others, they only get paid when they make successful placements. So you both have the same goal – getting you a job!
Don’t hesitate to contact the experienced recruiting team at Masiello. We strongly encourage you to reach out to us and tell us about your goals, need and expectations. At Masiello, we listen, we learn, and we are committed to providing the best opportunities possible and have several resources available to job seekers. Let us help!