You should never hire just for open positions.
Companies should be proactive, not reactive, in their talent acquisition. They should develop strategies that consider both short-term and long-term hiring needs – quality needs, not just immediate ones.
It is important to have a vision of where you would like your company to go and a vision of what players you will need on your team to get you there. After all, the goal of any company that longs to be successful should be to acquire and retain exceptional talent.
However, first-rate talent can be hard to come by. Unlike the average job seeker who will apply to ads, high-caliber candidates don’t seek opportunities, opportunities seek them.
Reactive recruiting hinders your ability to find these superior candidates.
- You are under pressure to fill a job right away, rather than right.
- You will hire the best candidate from those who applied, and whom you interviewed, but they won’t necessarily be the best, most qualified person for the job.
In other words, you will always be compromising on quality and fit.
Proactive recruiting allows for:
- Right fit, not right now. You can take your time in finding someone suited to the job and the vision of the organization.
- Growth opportunities. With highly qualified individuals in the right places, a company is sure to grow. You don’t need to wait for growth to hire the right people.
- Smooth transitions. With expert employees onboard, you will be able to transition them into impact roles within the organization. This ensures that employees in key positions are individuals whom you trust and who understand and care about the business.
- Less turnover. Turnover is unavoidable. However, if you are actively recruiting for outstanding candidates who are the right fit for your organization, you will minimize the likelihood of turnover. There won’t be a race against the clock pressure to force you to hire quickly. You can hire right.
If you are ready to stop reacting and start acting, you should consider partnering with a staffing firm to develop a proactive recruiting plan.
Recruitment firms have the tools and resources to help you find top talent. Attracting, screening, interviewing, and hiring are their specialties. They will be able to provide you with some valuable insight on the benefits of a partnership.
At Masiello, we can help you find a workforce best-suited to your business. If you find yourself hiring new staff, or are simply interested in more information, contact our expert staffing and recruiting team. We’d love to tell you how our services can benefit your organization.