And we understand – you want to make sure you hire the best person for the job.
However, the likelihood of that top talent remaining available throughout the duration of the process is small. More than likely, your candidate is going to receive an offer from another organization, possibly your competitor.
Don’t let that happen. Shorten the recruitment process for your organization.
Here are some tips to help you streamline your new-hire process and increase the odds of securing the talent of your choice:
- Get feedback from recent hires. What better way to improve the process than to get insight from newly hired employees? Ask them what didn’t work about the process and get suggestions.
- Know what you are looking for. Understand why you are hiring and what the ideal applicant will need in order to achieve whatever goals need accomplishing. When interviewing, be clear about the job and what it takes to be successful. Ask detailed questions. Make your interviews meaningful.
- Test applicants. This can include role-playing, written tests, etc. These tests can really help you assess a candidate’s qualifications and whether they are a fit for the company. Do they approach the tests seriously? Is the quality of their work what you’re looking for?
- Have a thorough phone interview with the applicant, contact references, run background checks, etc., before bringing applicants in for a formal interview. This will help save you from interviewing underqualified talent.
- Have your applicant meet with co-workers. Have the candidate interview with more than just the hiring manager, have them interview with the people they will work most closely with. Culture fit is just as important as finding someone with the right skill set.
- Hire your top two candidates. Hiring costs more than money, it costs time. If your organization can afford to hire your top two applicants, that could prove to be very beneficial. After all, if one ends up not being the right fit, you have another quality person in place. It will save you from having to go through the hiring process again and training a replacement.
- Partner with a staffing service. Recruitment firms have the tools and resources to help you find top talent. Attracting, screening, interviewing, and hiring are their specialties. They are cost-effective, offer flexibility and guarantee placement satisfaction.
Minimize turnover and ensure that you are hiring the candidates best suited to the position by following the aforementioned tips.
If you are looking to onboard new employees, don’t hesitate to reach out to the experienced recruiters at Masiello. We can not only help you find the best candidate for the job, we can help shorten your hiring process. Contact us today to learn more. We can help.