It’s a short week once again, as some of us were able to secure a day off in honor of MLK. And speaking of Holidays – don’t you wish we all had more? Of course, everyone knows about the upcoming big-time holidays like St. Valentine’s Day, Ground Hog Day, and President’s Day, but we at Masiello Employment think it’s important to include a few more holidays every year.
So, since we see no reason not to celebrate often, here’s a list of our favorite unusual holidays coming in up the next few months:
1. Compliment Day (January 24th). Don’t hold back from paying a compliment to a friend or family member (or a complete stranger!)
2. Chocolate Cake Day (January 27th). Swing by Kristin’s Bistro & Bakery and pick up a slice of the good stuff.
3. Fun at Work Day (January 28th). Consider asking co-workers if they’d like to have a little fun at work (during break time!)—perhaps playing cards at lunch or sharing knock-knock jokes during downtime.
4. Bubble Gum Day (February 1st). Been awhile since you practiced your bubble-blowing skills? Pick up a pack of bubble gum today and try to blow a bubble as big as your head.
5. Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (February 2nd). You might not want to tell the kids about this holiday—or maybe you do. Either way, pick up your favorite pint (the day before!) at The Walpole Creamery.
6. National Chopsticks Day (February 6th). Order take-out lunch or dinner from Cherry Garden and show off your chopstick prowess, or develop a new talent.
7. National Pizza Day (February 9th). We dare you to try all the available toppings at Athens Pizza House and Restaurant, with unique choices like kielbasa, lean pastrami, and beef-lamb gyro.
8. Random Acts of Kindness Day (February 17th). Hold the door for a stranger, bring in coffee for your co-workers, make dinner for that special someone . . . in other words, take time during the day to be kind to those around you.
9. National Margarita Day (February 22nd). Keene’s Mi Jalisco was a winner in WMUR 9’s Viewer’s Choice 2018 for “Best Margarita in New Hampshire”—stop by and find out why when you try one for yourself.
10. National Pistachio Day (February 26th). You might think this entire topic is a little nutty and, okay, we see your point—but, still, humor us and snack on some pistachios today.
We’re not wacky about helping you find your best job. Give Masiello Employment a call today; our recruiting team is available for a free consultation.