Once again it’s holiday office party season and the search for that perfect Secret Santa gift is on. Avoid the bah-humbug shopping blues with our 2017 edition of top gift ideas— appropriate for any co-worker, friend or family member. This year we’re trying to focus our suggestions 100% locally too, so you can shop with community support in mind. Check out these ideas:
- Most everyone has a sweet tooth, and Keene’s Life is Sweet Candy Store has over 150 different candies available to choose from. Want to get your mouth watering? Check out their Instagram here.
- Deck the Walls! A framed photo or print serves a lifetime of good cheer. Head on over to Keene’s own Creative Encounters and have something custom framed or choose an already-ready wall art selection. Of interest is this Visit Keene, NH poster designed just for the area.
- Caffeinated Beverages. Coffee lovers are often a particular bunch, but Keene has its own source of locally roasted and organic coffee. Stop by Brewbakers and pick up a pound or two for the hard to please coffee connoisseur.
- We know there’s snow on the ground, so merrily give a gift certificate to a local florist, like In the Company of Flowers or Anderson the Florist and let the recipient choose a bouquet—after all, nothing adds a bit of beauty, whimsy, and fragrance to a home or office like flowers.
- Buy local! Check out the fun findings at Rt 101 Local Goods whose tagline is “Locally Sourced, Uncommon Goods.” We think the Wood Stove mulling cider would be a delicious pick-me-up on a cold winter’s day!
- A Good Read. As the pace of life moves faster and faster (and crazier and crazier), offer yourself or those you love a reminder to slow down on occasion with a good book. Visit local bookseller The Toadstool Bookshop of Keene and find the perfect title for a slow snowy day at home.
- Locally Made Artisan Gifts. There’s just something extra special about a gift that was made nearby by skilled artisans. Wander on over to see our friends at Hannah Grimes Marketplaceand pick up one of their locally produced
So, all ye Santa’s in Training, start early, shop with purpose, and prepare to be the star of your office holiday bash this year. And remember, we will be here when the merriment ends and the job search begins once again. See you in 2018!